The Mid-autumn Festival (Hojoe Ceremony)
- The Mid-autumn Festival (Hojoe Ceremony)
- Usa City, Oita Prefecture
- The Mid-autumn Festival (Hojoe Ceremony = release of captive animals) is held at the vermillion-lacquered Wama Shrine Ukiden near the mouth of Yorimogawa River which runs near the Usa Shrine into the Fuzenkai.
It is said that the this was the beginning of the Hojoe Ceremony tradition.
During the festival held in autumn, the mikoshi (portable shrine) is carried to Wama Shrine, then carried back to Usa Shrine after marsh snails are released near the mouth of the river to appease the spirits of the Hayato.
- Date of photo shooting
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- Shooting Time Available comments
- Contact the film commission.
Contact info for inquiries
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.