Chokushi Kaido, Hyakutaisha and Keshoido
- Chokushi Kaido, Hyakutaisha and Keshoido
- Usa City, Oita Prefecture
- Kyoshuzuka Tumulus is a tomb said to be the place where the Hachiman deity buried a hundred heads of the Hayato people to memorialize them after suppressing their uprising. It was designated a historical site by Oita Prefecture in 1971. Keshoido Well is a series of 3 wells with a stone monument in the center. Water from these wells is said to have been used to purify marionettes brought from Hachiman Kohyo Jinja Shrine (Yoshitomi Town, Fukuoka) and Koyo Jinja Shrine (Nakatsu City, Oita) which were used in the Hojoe Ceremony to appease the sprits of Hayato. Hyakutaisha Shrine is dedicated to the spirits of the Hayato of Osumi and Hyuga in southern Kyushu. It was built in order to appease the spirits of the Hayato after the Hachiman deity suppressed the Hayato in 720.
- Date of photo shooting
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- Parking Available Shooting Time Available Places that look like other facilities Use of Drones Possible
- Shooting Time Available comments
- Contact the film commission.
Contact info for inquiries
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.