Katsuren-jō site -Katsuren Castle Remains-
- Katsuren-jō site -Katsuren Castle Remains-
- Uruma city, Okinawa prefecture
- Katsuren Castle was built by Lord Amawari in between the 12th and 13th centuries. Amawari raised prosperity by developing rice farming, actively promoting international trade, and positively introducing overseas culture and techniques. However, he was overthrown by the Shuri kings forces in 1458. The castle, overlooking all directions, is built with three enclosures structured in terraces, the fourth one being the highest elevation.
- Date of photo shooting
- October 2004
- Shooting Time
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- Parking Available
- Parking Available comments
Contact info for inquiries
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.