Teuri Island Sea bird Breeding Ground
- Teuri Island Sea bird Breeding Ground
- haboro town, Hokkaido
- Designated as a National Natural Treasure in 1938. The west coast of Teuri Island is lined with magnificent sea cliffs such as Akaishi Rock, Byobu Rock and Cape Kannon, and it is the breeding ground for around a million birds of 8 different kinds. As well as the common murre, which faces extinction in Japan, and the spectacled guillemot, one of the world’s rarest birds, birds such as the rhinoceros auklet and black-tailed gull come to nest from spring to summer. The entire sea bird colony (nesting ground) is a designated Natural Treasure, and the sight of flocks of sea birds flying around is truly spectacular.
- Date of photo shooting
- August 2000
- Shooting Time
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- seashores on Sea of Japan side
- Requirements for Shootings comments
- Application Deadlines comments
Contact info for inquiries
c/o Hokkaido Government, Kita 3 Nishi 6, Chuo-ku, Sapporo city, Hokkaido 060-8588
- Contact Information
- Inquiries on the WEB
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.