|Name of film commission||Okinawa Film Office|
|Location||Tomigusuku city, Okinawa prefecture|
|Description||Members of Japanese Navy Corps Engineers, Yamane Division dug a tunnel complex for the Navy’s Okinawa headquarters bunker in 1944. The semi-circular tunnels hardened by post and concrete were 450 meter in length at that time. They served as underground headquarters to endure the American bombardment and long drawn out fighting and could sustain 4000 soldiers. After the war, tunnel remained untouched for many years. The remains of those who died were collected and a 300meter portion centered on the commander’s office was renovated and opened to the public in March 1970 by the Tourism Development Board.|
|Era of location (facility)||The Heisei era|
|Contact||c/o Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau,
Okinawa Industrial Support Center 2F, 1831-1 Oroku, Naha, Okinawa Prefecture 901-0152
※The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.