Oiwa Jinja Shrine
- Oiwa Jinja Shrine
- Hitachi City, Ibaraki Prefecture
- Oiwa Shrine, located on the sacred mountain of Mt. Oiwa, has been worshipped since ancient times. Although details of its foundation are unclear, it is said that Mt. Oiwa had become a place for worship by medieval Japan and thus generations of the lords of the Mito clan would come to pray. It is famous for being a shrine rich with 188 gods enshrined throughout the mountain, as well as the ‘san-bon sugi,’ a five-hundred-year-old and 50-meter-tall cedar tree with three trunks conjoined at the base, which has been designated as a natural monument by Ibaraki Prefecture. The shrine has become a popular place in recent years as a hot power spot.
- Date of photo shooting
- July 2019
- Shooting Time
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- national treasures/important cultural properties natural reserves/sanctuaries/scenic spots shrines/temples mountain villages mountains/mountain trails/cabins roads and paths in mountains, forests, fields
- Parking Available
- Parking Available comments
- Contact the film commission.
Contact info for inquiries
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.