- Naruko Gorge
- Osaki city, Miyagi prefecture
- The mountain stream from Oyagawa River, which lies to the west of Naruko Hot Springs, has eroded the plateau to create a 4-km long, U-shaped valley. The bluff is 80–100 m high, with a width of only 10 m at its narrowest and 100 m at its broadest. There are many strangely shaped rocks in the gorge, including standing rocks, split rocks, lion-shaped rocks, Deva King-shaped rocks, moth-eaten rocks, kuyo-shaped (nine-planet crest) rocks, eboshi-shaped (hat) rocks, and towering rocks. An unparalleled landscape can be seen here. In the fall, the gorge turns beautiful autumn colors, and together with the strangely shaped rocks it is the best place in the prefecture to view the fall foliage.
- Date of photo shooting
- October 2012
- Shooting Time
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- natural reserves/sanctuaries/scenic spots mountains/mountain trails/cabins forests/woods waterfalls/rivers/streams/canyons views from mountain tops & observatories
- Parking Available
- Parking Available comments
Contact info for inquiries
c/o Sendai Tourism, Convention and International Association6F Higashinihon Fudosan Sendai Ichibancho Building, 3-3-20 Ichibancho, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi prefecture, 980-0811
- Contact Information
- Inquiries on the WEB
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.