Mitokusan Sanbutsuji Temple
- Mitokusan Sanbutsuji Temple
- Misasa-cho, Touhaku District, Tottori prefecture
- Sanbutsuji is a mountain temple on the premises of 900-meter high Mt Mitoku. The temple, built into the mouth of a cave on a sheer precipice, is a one-of-a-kind national architectural treasure further renowned for the beauty of construction in its jaunty roof and hall support beams. The precise date of construction is unknown, but legend has it that the structure was built from the ground up through the spiritual power of the founder of the mountain asceticism-shamanism tradition Shugendo, En no Ozuno.
Viewing the temple up close requires traversing a rather rough mountain road, but a perfectly agreeable vista is possible from the safety of one’s vehicle at the nageiredo yohaisho.
- Date of photo shooting
- October 2008
- Shooting Time
- Weather at the Time of Shooting
- Use of Drones Possible comments
Contact info for inquiries
※ The above map is showing the name of the location and the place name to origin. It's sometimes different from an actual place, so please accept it beforehand.
Other locations in the vicinity
種別Title of WorkLinks
Movie Director： 堤幸彦
Actor： 阿部寛 長谷川京子 宮藤官九郎 遠藤憲一 黒木メイサ